Would you like to access the curriculum material associated with these merit badges?Yes No, thank you.
Food Science and Systems
- The food system requires stewardship and resources to move food from farm to fork.
- Modeling systems provides a context for engaging them and tools for engineering solutions.
- Food can be preserved safely through the manipulation of biological and chemical properties.
- Food choices are influenced by culture, climate, exposure and life experience.
- Consumers have a responsibility to environmental awareness.
Choose which curriculum material you're interested in downloading:
- Food Preservation
- ● Sensory Evaluation 101
- ● Fridge Pickles 102
- ● Crunchy Kale Chips 103
- ● Ice Cream Chemistry 104
- ● Canning Jam 105
- ● Kimchi Fermentation 106
- Seed to Plate
- ● Food System Footprint
- ● Trace It: Seed to Plate (and back)
- ● (Grow it) Cook It, Compost It!
- Egg-cellent Work
- ● All About Eggs: Nutrition to Preparation
- ● Egg Preparation Labs
- Cooking Whole Grains
- ● Global Grains & Nutrition
- ● Whole Grains Food Labs
- ● Consumer Responsibilities: Tracing Your Goods
- ● Resources Conservation: Water World