History of Home Economics to Family and Consumer Sciences
21st century students must blend the best of their creative, engineering and entrepreneurial skills to thrive in a dynamic, global environment; and Family and Consumer Sciences classes are just the right place to get prepared!
Family and Consumer Sciences is founded on the rich history of the traditional field of Home Economics, and encompasses those foundational curricular elements including:
● Personal Finance & Consumer Economics
● Culinary Food Science, and Nutritional Health & Wellness
● Applied Design in Housing and Interiors
● Education in Child & Family Development
● Textiles and Fashion Merchandising